Pokemon GO

Discussion
megannatasha Avatar
megannatasha GB Addict ****
Pokemon GO Posted Aug 17, 2018 10:27:27 GMT -7

Post by megannatasha on Aug 17, 2018 10:27:27 GMT -7

MzPanik Avatar
Any time I leave my house I turn on Pokemon Go so I can get some distance for my buddy. Right now Bulbasaur is running around with me. I know distance doesn't rack up as well in a vehicle, but you still get something out of it when driving through slower parts of town.

Can I share my friend code here? I need friends...
It's been a while since I've played Pokemon GO, but after reading your post it reintroduced me to this thread and reminded me of how fun it was! 

PS: Of course you can share your friend code, GamingBoards.net is all about uniting gamers after-all!  :D
MzPanik Avatar
MzPanik GB Newbie *
Visit us at Some Kind of Life, a new community for aspiring content creators!

My Pokemon Go Friend Code: 5219 1251 6518
Vu1canF0rce Avatar
Vu1canF0rce GB Gamer ***
Pokemon GO Posted Sept 1, 2018 19:11:51 GMT -7

Post by Vu1canF0rce on Sept 1, 2018 19:11:51 GMT -7

I have played PoGo since it's release, but took a break due to grinding boredom about a year in to it, and recently picked it back up about 3 or 4 months ago. In the beginning, like most people, I suffered through their unexpected server issues due to the influx of users worldwide who played the game. Through all this though, I think the prime takeaway was that it allowed people to come together from all walks of life and enjoy something that unifies people. It's a good game to play on occasion when I am done with Reddit or ProBoards. haha
Andrew
vedraii Avatar
vedraii GB Regular **
jerlene Avatar
jerlene GB Newbie *
Pokemon GO Posted Oct 7, 2018 15:11:39 GMT -7

Post by jerlene on Oct 7, 2018 15:11:39 GMT -7

Oh my gosh. I remember Pokemon Go. It was the biggest fad at that time.
I played it a lot but only for a few weeks. It couldn't keep my attention.
Does anyone know if it's still around? Do people still play it?
oo Avatar
oo GB Gamer ***

Post by oo on Nov 5, 2018 4:46:39 GMT -7

Used to play, but to be honest when I went outside my home I wasn't using the phone. I was only playing PokemonGO at home. And as you can see, i can't do much just at home.
So well, last year I stopped playing :P
haze Avatar
haze GB Newbie *
Pokemon GO Posted Nov 20, 2018 13:53:23 GMT -7

Post by haze on Nov 20, 2018 13:53:23 GMT -7

Vu1canF0rce Avatar
I have played PoGo since it's release, but took a break due to grinding boredom about a year in to it, and recently picked it back up about 3 or 4 months ago. In the beginning, like most people, I suffered through their unexpected server issues due to the influx of users worldwide who played the game. Through all this though, I think the prime takeaway was that it allowed people to come together from all walks of life and enjoy something that unifies people. It's a good game to play on occasion when I am done with Reddit or ProBoards. haha
Couldn't agree with this one more to be fair. I played it religiously everyday back when it first came out - despite the server issues! But it was actually nice for a change to see people talking to one another in the street as opposed to ignoring each-other at all costs. I work for a University and it was great just to be able to talk to people about something I enjoyed, especially as a pure introvert! However nowadays, I don't play at all. Not sure why I stopped but I just did. I actually only know one person who still plays. 
jerlene Avatar
jerlene GB Newbie *
Pokemon GO Posted Nov 22, 2018 22:28:34 GMT -7

Post by jerlene on Nov 22, 2018 22:28:34 GMT -7

I haven't played Pokémon Go in over a year. I used to love this game though. It took over my life for about a week or two. lol I would go to parks and what not with my friends and we would catch as many as we can. There was a spot by our biggest church that would be where we would fight in tournaments. It was crazy popular then died out.
Lanbo Avatar
Lanbo GB Addict ****
Pokemon GO Posted Nov 26, 2018 0:09:02 GMT -7

Post by Lanbo on Nov 26, 2018 0:09:02 GMT -7

Why is November bug month tho? Also, I opened the app and saw this Adventure Sync feature -- it uses your phone's native activity tracker to measure steps and award rewards without having Pokemon Go open. This actually feels like a nice feature because I never remember to open the game when I go out and do stuff.
Last edited Nov 26, 2018 0:09:16 GMT -7 by Lanbo
sig