Minecraft

Discussion
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
Minecraft Posted May 25, 2015 15:39:12 GMT -7

Post by DanthEx on May 25, 2015 15:39:12 GMT -7

I've been playing quite a bit of minecraft since I purchased it on the PSN for around $19. It's a lot of fun to be honest and kills time well. I will upload pictures some day soon of a few of my creations, if anyone else plays; I urge you to do the same!
allenafaith Avatar
allenafaith GB Regular **
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Minecraft Posted Jun 10, 2016 10:12:51 GMT -7

Post by Nergal on Jun 10, 2016 10:12:51 GMT -7

I'm not normally one to preach the whole PC master race, but Minecraft actually was significantly better on PC IMO. Server support, freedom to mod, easy to back-up world data and share with people.

xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****
Minecraft Posted Jan 17, 2018 9:17:18 GMT -7

Post by xxinfectedxx on Jan 17, 2018 9:17:18 GMT -7

Used to play Minecraft on PC, and on the Xbox 360. I didn't even know Minecraft was available for PlayStation. Don't think I had the game for my PS2.
ash Avatar
ash GB Gamer ***
Minecraft Posted Feb 13, 2018 12:00:23 GMT -7

Post by ash on Feb 13, 2018 12:00:23 GMT -7

There's just something about this game, I never liked it. My friends made me get it when it came out on the Xbox 360 and I never liked it. I think I played it once and then never bothered to touch it after that. Luckily, my sister likes it now so she plays with it. I guess it could be due to the fact that the 360 version just isn't as good as the PC version which is a lot more fun with the custom modes and modifications that you can do with it.

A Forum For Those Looking To Earn Money Online | Redeem PayPal & Giftcards!
keranov Avatar
keranov GB Gamer ***

Post by keranov on Aug 5, 2018 7:41:44 GMT -7

I have played Minecraft a lot before but on PC. I remember spending 5-6 hours in servers playing with friends. Nowadays, I'm not into Minecraft anymore.
Saints4ever Avatar
Saints4ever GB Gamer ***
Last edited Sept 4, 2018 20:20:40 GMT -7 by Saints4ever
Help is only a Bubble away...
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****
xxinfectedxx Avatar
xxinfectedxx GB Addict ****

Post by xxinfectedxx on Feb 8, 2019 7:32:03 GMT -7

In addition to what I've said previously, Minecraft a bit outdated now and the trend has moved onto Fornite for young gamers. Technology moves on and there is only so much you can do in Minecraft before you get bored. Does any video gamer have any YouTube videos or images they'd like to share to remind us of some good memories a few years ago? If so, what was your favourite moment in the game? 
Last edited Feb 8, 2019 7:32:41 GMT -7 by xxinfectedxx
Nergal Avatar
Nergal GB Staff *****
Minecraft Posted Feb 8, 2019 11:51:35 GMT -7

Post by Nergal on Feb 8, 2019 11:51:35 GMT -7

xxinfectedxx Avatar
In addition to what I've said previously, Minecraft a bit outdated now and the trend has moved onto Fornite for young gamers. Technology moves on and there is only so much you can do in Minecraft before you get bored. Does any video gamer have any YouTube videos or images they'd like to share to remind us of some good memories a few years ago? If so, what was your favourite moment in the game? 
I mean, people have built functioning computers in Minecraft. Although, yes, the average player is likely to get bored before reaching that point.

Fortnite has claimed a large portion of Twitch popularity especially among the youth but I don't think that it makes Minecraft, which is still developed on, "outdated." Fortnite, at it's core, targets a different audience than Minecraft does; yes, they both cater to kids.

Minecraft is a Jack-of-All-Trades in that it's a Casual Survival game which contains tools to allow it to  be modified into so many more things.

Fortnite is a Hunger-Games-like shooter which isn't graphic enough to be rated M by ESRB. Getting access to shooters growing up in my town because parents were 50/50 on whether or not they'd allow their children to own the newest copy of Halo/C.o.D./etc. Fortnite solves that issue by being a family-friendly shooter. 

Heck, I'm still playing Minecraft.