LUL HUJJPHAILURE T_T

Chrizo Avatar
Chrizo GB Pro *****

Post by Chrizo on Jul 31, 2008 17:21:59 GMT -7

so recently my internets has gone.. from. 6000kbps +, to, 80kps -
wdf? >_> its been like this for the past 2 weeks now, ive tried probably a lot of things, and so far nothing seems to be working.

I have a router and so far i have tried

power cycling (unplugging all router wires then plugin back after 30 secs)

ive tried to use different wires for the router (still no difference)
ive tried using wireless (still slow)

ive tried scanning for viruses and spyware , and cleaned everything on my computer up (internet speed yet still slow)

ive tried restarting my computer to its factory state (still slow. >_> hax)

ive tried calling my internet service provider, they said they would monitor my internet, will be calling them again soon, they still havn't put it to normal speed >_>

ive tried using a different router, then i used a modem, still not difference

ive tried quite a lot of things and like their no good, the only things i still havnt tried is.

changing the filter for the router(it seems perfectly fine with me)

changing broadband/internet wires attached to my router, they are really old and theirs a cut in the middle, but it was ilke that before and my internet was at a good speed
(and i dont think changing wires would probably make my internet faster because ive already tried wireless and yet its still the same)

right now all i can think of thats wrong with my internet is my area.. >_> but ive asked and no one seems to have a problem, HUJJPHAILURE T_T.

and what seemed to be quite strange, is that when i got in my new surround speakers, and a new tv, the exact day i installed them was the exact day my internet started going slow >_>.. any clues? lol
Chrizo Avatar
Chrizo GB Pro *****
DanthEx Avatar
DanthEx GB Staff *****

Post by DanthEx on Jul 31, 2008 20:35:58 GMT -7

Chrizo Avatar
so recently my internets has gone.. from. 6000kbps +, to, 80kps -
wdf? >_> its been like this for the past 2 weeks now, ive tried probably a lot of things, and so far nothing seems to be working.

I have a router and so far i have tried

power cycling (unplugging all router wires then plugin back after 30 secs)

ive tried to use different wires for the router (still no difference)
ive tried using wireless (still slow)

ive tried scanning for viruses and spyware , and cleaned everything on my computer up (internet speed yet still slow)

ive tried restarting my computer to its factory state (still slow. >_> hax)

ive tried calling my internet service provider, they said they would monitor my internet, will be calling them again soon, they still havn't put it to normal speed >_>

ive tried using a different router, then i used a modem, still not difference

ive tried quite a lot of things and like their no good, the only things i still havnt tried is.

changing the filter for the router(it seems perfectly fine with me)

changing broadband/internet wires attached to my router, they are really old and theirs a cut in the middle, but it was ilke that before and my internet was at a good speed
(and i dont think changing wires would probably make my internet faster because ive already tried wireless and yet its still the same)

right now all i can think of thats wrong with my internet is my area.. >_> but ive asked and no one seems to have a problem, HUJJPHAILURE T_T.

and what seemed to be quite strange, is that when i got in my new surround speakers, and a new tv, the exact day i installed them was the exact day my internet started going slow >_>.. any clues? lol

My guess would be the internet type in your area, other people may not have the same problem if they do not have the same type of internet as you. If they live very close by and have the same type but don't have the problem, then maybe it has something to do with the wiring outside of your house, old and or corroded wires could cause this problem. Have your ISP send a tech to your house and he should be able to determine where the problem is coming from and how to fix it. Most of the time's it's free for you to have them fix it anyway, so what do you have to lose?

Oh, and if you have a wireless router, be sure to have a password on your connection, someone close by may recently purchased a laptop or another type of wireless connecting device like a PS3
Xbox360, etc. and is stealing your connection :P

Good luck, keep us updated.
Last edited Jul 31, 2008 20:38:55 GMT -7 by DanthEx
Guest Avatar
cheesy Guest

Post by on Aug 1, 2008 12:39:29 GMT -7

yeah i do steal other peoples internet when mines out but now i got a direct connection besides the router so im good. do what dan says chrizo. if your router isn't password protected then most likely one of my kind are taking up your bandwidth so be sure to get into your routers options and mess around with it. you can connect to your options when you enter your routers ip in the address bar. if you don't know it, find the computer manufacturer and there ought to be a general ip to connect to from your browser.
Christiansha Avatar
Christiansha GB Master ******
Chrizo Avatar
Chrizo GB Pro *****

Post by Chrizo on Aug 7, 2008 11:44:33 GMT -7

it had a password and all of that before, i think the only thing that maybe wrong with my internet connection is the internet wiring outside, either way, my internet speed seems to have improved by a tiny bit, before it was 80kbps now its around 100 - 120kbps, :S

gonna have to call my isp >_>
Chrizo Avatar
Chrizo GB Pro *****

Post by Chrizo on Aug 10, 2008 4:36:05 GMT -7

:D POMFG

just yesterday, i must have gotten realy lucky,

my internet was as slow as usual (80 kbps or so) and then, i had the urge to go outside and find the internet wirings, and the first thing i saw, was a sort of, burned cable which looked really old and as if it got bitten by something, i cut the cable apart and replaced it and... i went back and tested my internet, and it was back on 4mb zomg i got so happy, so much for internet service help, they came and did nothing.

either way my interents back to normal (woohoo)
Joshmage Avatar
Joshmage GB Newbie *